Saturday, October 1, 2011

Shoutout to my Friends

Have I mentioned lately I have the coolest friends in the world?  Each and everyone of them is different; half of them can't stand the other half and a few barely tolerate the rest.  But they all love me.  And I love them. 

They all know I write about them, hence the disclaimer "anything you do or say probably will end up in a book".  You know they get a huge kick out of this because they call, email or IM bits of their lives, secrets or embarrassing moments; things that will bring you to tears or make you say "huh?"  I find this remarkable.  They know I'm going to share - globally.  Granted, I usually change names but still, I feel honored.

This week I've been keeping them apprised on Face Book the results of research into whether or not, and if so under what circumstances, homeowner's insurance pays for crime scene cleanup.  The consensus of my friends is that Big Brother is watching me and has been for sometime.  Apparently they feel I make government types twitchy by researching explosives, handguns and legalities.  Or in the terms of an insurance agent "this is starting to sound premeditated". 

Should I get sent to Club Fed, I'm fairly positive a few friends will be right there with me.  One, they assisted in research.  Two, hesitant to use the term anti-government, let's just say several have bigger issues with authority than I do.  Three, if they don't try to break me out, then they'll try to smuggle something in. 

While some people say it's their friends that keep them out of trouble; I have to give the credit to Holly.  I refuse to go any place I can't take her therefore jail is not an option.  However now that I'm thinking about it, jail might help with book sales.  I might change my mind if Club Fed accepts well-behaved doggies.  Considering the amount of mail and packages Holly gets they'll have to hire additional security screeners.  Maybe a nice friendly Golden so she has someone to play with.

Ok, seriously; I have the greatest friends in the world.  Even though we can annoy the hell out of each other, at the end of the day it's all love.  I think it's because the one thing we all have in common is the ability to laugh at ourselves.  We know that contrary to the adage, wisdom does not come with age but rather from being an idiot and then learning from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment